May Pet of the Month
Alexis is a beautiful cat at the Jackson County Animal Shelter and is looking for a forever home.
For more information on Alexis, call The Jackson County Animal Shelter at (517) 788-4464
We will update this page with the latest Jackson County Animal Shelter Pet of the Month, the last Monday of every Month, after they join us in the studio at 8am.
New Pet of the Month Coming:
MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2018
Tips on Caring for your new Cat
From the ASPCA
- Cats require taurine, an essential amino acid, for heart and eye health. The food you choose should be balanced for the life stage of your cat or kitten. Properly balanced foods will contain taurine.
- You will need to provide fresh, clean water at all times, and wash and refill your cat’s water bowls daily.
- Treats should be no more than 5-10% of the diet.
- Many people feed baby food to a cat or kitten who is refusing food or not feeling well Please read labels carefully: If the baby food contains onion or garlic powder, your pet could be poisoned.
- Take your pet to your veterinarian if signs of anorexia, diarrhea, vomiting or lethargy continue for more than two days.