GENERIC CONTEST RULES
For the Radio Stations Operated by:
McKibbin Media Group
Revised and Effective 12/12/19
Please refer to Specific Contest Rules Disclaimer at End
- No purchase necessary.
- Contests are open to legal residents of Michigan, 18 years of age or older unless otherwise stipulated, except: participating radio stations, K-105.3, 95.9 The Power Cow, WKHM NEWS/TALK 970AM / 101.5 FM, ESPN 101.9 FM and their immediate families, and employees of other broadcast stations, print media entities, event sponsors or advertisers, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Only one winner per household is permitted every 30 days.
- Winners must appear in person at the participating station within 30 days of being contacted about claiming prize[s] and must present proper positive legal identification. Prize claims take place between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Prize winners not reporting to the participating station within 30-days or prior to the expiration date will forfeit prize[s].
- Prizes will not be mailed out or delivered to winners. Any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign for the prize.
- All prizes are subject to IRS 1099 tax reporting. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize[s].
- Winner must complete proper W-9 paperwork prior to receiving monetary prize[s].
- Participants may be asked to execute an event participation waiver form at the sole discretion of the radio stations at any time from initial participation through delivery of the prize to the participant or contestant. You must first present positive legal identification prior to signing a release form.
- No cash equivalent will be awarded for any contest prize, and prize[s] may be substituted for a different prize[s] of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of the participating radio station based on availability.
- Participating radio stations and their affiliated companies are not responsible for any claims, liabilities, or damages arising out of or in conjunction with any prizes won in this contest, nor are they responsible for any malfunction of equipment or telephone systems, internet, or email during this contest. The radio station operator has the final decision as to the winner.
- The stations may from time to time work in conjunction with concert promoters and various venues throughout our listening area to provide contestants the opportunity to win tickets and sometimes meet performers backstage as part of a contest or promotion. This opportunity is at all times subject to the sole discretion of the performer and the controlling venue and subject to change at any time. With this in mind – there are situations when the stations, the promoter and or the venue cannot be held liable for – including but not limited to: changes to the time, place, method, procedure, or cancellation of the event and or applicable Artist meet and greet at any time.
- All telephone calls to the participating station contest lines will be recorded and may be played back on the air for promotional purposes. By playing contests you give the radio stations the right to publicize your name, likeness and voice by any media.
- In the event of local or national emergency, contests may be temporarily suspended or canceled at the discretion of the station management.
- Odds of winning are determined by the exact number of people participating in each specific contest. Contest void where prohibited by law.
- The radio stations at all times retains sole discretion in regard to all contest matters.
- If you are listening to the internet stream of the radio station, programming may be delayed affecting contest participation.
The above Generic Contest Rules may be amended, supplemented, modified in all or part for a specific radio station or station(s) Events/Contests/Activities from time to time. The radio station(s) at all times reserves the right to amend/supplement and/or modify these Generic Contest Rules with specific rules which shall be made available by the radio station(s) as appropriate and in the radio station(s) sole discretion. Listeners’ and potential contest participants are urged to acquaint themselves with these specific contest rules in advance of their participation. Where Specific Contest Rules are in place for a particular event, those Specific Contest Rules shall control over where different from the Generic Contest Rules.